Monday, August 13, 2012

Pictures of my classroom...FINALLY!

Library

Another library view... love that cute little monkey!  I need to finish labeling my baskets.

My teacher shelf area in lieu of a desk.

Circle Time area

Math center and front of the room.  Love those 10 frames!

Owl themed calendar!   Months and yesterdaytoday/tomorrow labels from http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Owl-Theme-Calendar-Set 

Cubbies and word wall area.  Writing center also.

Our welcome sign.

Thank you Pinterest!  I adapted this idea from http://primarypalette.blogspot.com/2010/08/back-to-school-classroom-decorations.html

Also, in case you couldn't tell by now.. I obviously changed my idea on what theme to go with.  I feel like you need to have a bold and vibrant personality to have a jungle theme.  I'm more quiet and reserved, so I think owls are perfect for my style... I might be a little obsessed at this point :)


This is where my schedule and class list will hang in the hallway.  I also made a QR code (again, thank you Pinterest)  with my contact info for Meet the Teacher.  Idea from: http://mrsmanalli.blogspot.com/search/label/parent%20contact

My professional library shelf, a mail sorter I got at a yard sale for $3 (I'm proud of that buy!) and my assistants desk.  Closet in the background.

Back of the room... art center, bulletin board for displaying student work.  I'm thinking of titling the board something like "App-solutely Awesome Work" with Appalachian logos for the As... Yeah, I'm proud of my alma mater :)

Kitchen center with sand/bean table behind it.

Another classroom library view

View from my assistant's desk.  You can see my small group table and teacher shelf behind it. 

Clip chart.  "Keeping the Promise" refers to our school's promise... "we are a family of learners.  We respect and care about each other.  This is who we are, even when no one is watching."

View from the backdoor of the room.  

Block center.  Love that carpet.  Thanks TJ Maxx!

This will be my lunch choice board.  I made those magnets!  Thank you Pinterest. 

Another Pinterest project: Sight word chants. Idea from  http://littlekinderwarriors.blogspot.com/2012/06/sight-word-chants-freebie.html#comment-form  and http://growingkinders.blogspot.com/2011/06/sight-words-and-chants.html

Closer view of the Sight Word Chants sticks.  Idea from  http://littlekinderwarriors.blogspot.com/2012/06/sight-word-chants-freebie.html#comment-form  and http://growingkinders.blogspot.com/2011/06/sight-words-and-chants.html

View of classroom from calendar area.  


Postcards I'm sending to my kiddos :)


After working on it for a month and a half, my classroom finally looks almost exactly the way I want it to!!  Yay!  Today was our first official teacher work day... I worked from 7:40 til 5:30 this afternoon, brought work home and finished up around 8.  It's been a lonnnnng day but I was so excited that I had to post pictures and blog about it :)

Tomorrow the entire staff will work, and I'll finally get to meet my assistant face to face!  I've heard so many great things about her, and I'm positive we're going to make a great team!

Wednesday is Meet the Teacher Day... I talked to most of the parents on the phone today to let them know which day their sweet kiddos start school (we stagger enrollment in my county: half the kinders come one day, then the other half comes the next and the first half stays home).

And then of course, the big day is Thursday!  Ahh!  I can't believe this moment I've waited for for so many years is about to arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment