Friday, August 8, 2014

Back to school nightmares

Back to school? Already? It feels like summer just began, but our first (official) workday is next Friday and the nightmares have begun. You know what I'm talking about. The crazy, never-would-happen-in-real-life, out of control situations that could only happen in the darkest corners of a teacher's mind. 

My most recent nightmare involved my principal requiring kindergarten graduation to be on the 3rd day of school. In the nightmare his reasoning was that parents don't care when graduation is, as long as they get to see their children perform. So, my fellow teachers and I were scrambling to guide our smarties in pulling off a graduation ceremony! Since it was a nightmare, I'll leave it up to you to imagine how the ceremony went. 

Thank goodness that was nowhere close to reality! 

Have you had your first teacher nightmare yet for this school year?



No comments:

Post a Comment